How Can I Minimize the Effects of Kitchen Sink Water Damage in Tallahassee?
When Tallahassee kitchen sink water damage requires professional restoration, SERVPRO is ready to assist homeowners 24/7.
SERVPRO Technicians Offer Water Damage Restoration Services to Clean Tallahassee Homes
Tallahassee homeowners who have dealt with kitchen sink leaks know that a small amount of damage can spiral into musty odors, microbial growth, and water-damaged fixtures quickly without fast action. Something as simple as a loose or damaged fitting can allow gallons of water to damage your property over time.
Common Causes for Kitchen Cabinet Leaks
- Corroded drain pipes. This type of leak is especially common in older homes with lead pipes. If you find rusty plumbing under your sink, do the following:
- Turn off the water supply to the sink and place a container for leaking water underneath the affected pipe.
- Remove the damaged pipe segment with channel locks or a monkey wrench
- Take the pipe with you to a home improvement store to find a replacement, such as an ABS plastic pipe of the same dimensions.
- Damaged or corroded garbage disposal. Acids in food and drink, as well as minerals in hard water, can eventually eat through the outer casing of your garbage disposal, creating leaks around your cabinets.
- Dishwasher leaks. If the sink and garbage disposal are fine, but you still find water damage in your cabinets, your dishwasher may be leaking. Consider replacing the door gasket, tightening fittings, and upgrading supply lines to prevent leaks. Periodic leaks are indicative of an overloaded washer, or one with more detergent than it can handle.
SERVPRO Restores Water-Damaged Cabinetry
SERVPRO technicians use the following to treat water-damaged cabinetry:
- Portable extraction systems to remove excess moisture.
- EPA-registered antimicrobials for odor control and inhibiting microbial growth.
- Small holes drilled in the unit to facilitate structural drying.
- Drying with a centrifugal air mover and dehumidifier, possibly in a drying chamber made of polyethylene.
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee serves the community with mitigation and restoration services that are Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (850) 765-5706 to start the cleanup process.
Click here for more information about Tallahassee.