What Are the Tools of Remediation in My Tallahassee Home?
Mold remediation in Tallahassee, under a sink or in the attic, can be cleaned up by SERVPRO
Many Florida homes contend with the threat of mold throughout the year, but our qualified remediation technicians can remove colonies and restore damage caused by the organism.
Between the proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and other factors that can contribute to persistent moisture in your Tallahassee home, mold growth is a more common threat to residences in the area than you might believe. As challenging as these situations can be to overcome, they could become even more pressing to resolve if you are among the many homeowners who do not have adequate insurance coverage to address remediation needs. Many property owners are asked to pay a portion or all of remediation work out of pocket, making it vital to choose a team experienced in this area that can perform these tasks efficiently to reduce costs as much as possible.
There are many factors involved in professional mold remediation for Tallahassee homes and businesses, but our SERVPRO team can respond quickly to these emergencies. The discovery of mold should immediately encourage homeowners to reach out to remediation professionals like our team to reduce the spread and severity of these microbial threats. Mold and fungal growth can get out of control when the organism spreads rapidly from one organic surface to another. Much of our success in resolving mold damage and removing active colonization hinges on having the appropriate products, personnel, and industry-leading equipment.
What is Remediation?
Remediation is a practice entirely on its own when it comes to the restoration services that our team can provide. This service is exclusive to mold growth and microbial threats existing in your home or office. There are multiple strategies for removing active colonization from a structure, and these vary based on the severity of the damage or the material affected. No two mold loss incidents are identical, making the job scoping phase of mitigation and restoration critical to choosing the right equipment and products to help. Despite multiple approaches to remediation, we often select among four primary methods:
- Antimicrobial Surface Treatment - Certain structural elements and contents might not yet be overwhelmed by mold moving through the house. Early signs, like spotting or proximity to active colonization, can be ideal times to treat the surface with our potent cleaning products to remove active colonization and inhibit further mold growth.
- Sanding - With services like wood framing or flooring, sanding is often a useful practice for removing mold colonization where it is found. Sanding allows our professionals to remove small layers of the surface material to eliminate the organism when possible.
- Soda Blasting - The combination of media and highly pressurized air or water is a powerful approach for removing surface damage without affecting the substrate of the material underneath the colony.
- Controlled Demolition - When other strategies fail, such as when elements become too severely deteriorated to protect, controlled demolition practices discard severely affected building materials.
What Must Happen with Mold-Damaged Contents?
Personal belongings and possessions in the house after a mold damage incident can be as directly affected as many of its building materials. How these contents get cleaned and protected from mold damage can happen both on-site and in our warehouse nearby. The recovery of your belongings often falls into three required steps that address any present mold colonization and other threatening conditions such as dampness or water damage. Our technicians work to provide solutions, including:
- Dry Storage
Do Foul Odors Dissipate on Their Own?
One of the telling signs of mold growth in your home is a harsh, musty odor that emits from active colonization. While this noxious scent is recognizable in the house, it can persist even after many remediation tasks have completed. Our effort to recover and restore a mold-damaged property involves effective deodorization solutions to address these persistent odors to make mold losses “Like it never even happened.” To accomplish this, we have multiple odor removal tools and strategies, including:
How Can You Limit Recurrences of Mold Damage?
Reducing recurrences of mold growth in your home often requires you to assess what allowed moisture concerns in the first place. In some situations, proper ventilation can ensure that moisture buildup does not occur in specific areas of your house. Other homeowners might need to address a persistent leak in the plumbing or a kitchen fixture. Working knowledge of why moisture concerns existed can direct you to efficient strategies for preventing them in the future.
Mold growth can be a substantial challenge to address, especially when you are unsure of how severe the situation has become. Our SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee team can help with a fast and reliable response whenever you need it by calling (850) 765-5706.
Why Do I Need Professional Help To Remove Floodwater In Tallahassee?
We are here for you!
To Protect Your Tallahassee Home After a Flood, SERVPRO Does More Than Just Remove Water
So Why Is SERVPRO The Best Option?
When it comes to flood damage in Tallahassee homes, removing the water is only the first step. SERVPRO technicians is a full-service operation that removes water, dries the structure, eliminates the health threats, odors, and performs repairs where needed.
How Can Your Technicians Perform All of These Tasks?
Each member of our response team trains extensively in remediating the effects of disasters like floods in Tallahassee. Our training meets the industry standards set by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Our office also has access to the latest restoration equipment and cleaning agents as part of a nationwide network of locally-owned franchises.
Take decontamination as an example. Floodwater contains some of the soil, fertilizers, animal waste, and every other contaminant it passed over before entering your home. Traces of each one remain in your home after removing the water. To eliminate damage to the surfaces of your home and personal property, our technicians spray an anti-bacterial cleaner on them and then carefully wipe down each one using a sponge or dry cloth.
What About the Musty Odor I Can Smell in My Home?
The cleaners SERVPRO uses eliminates most odors left behind by the contaminants. If the floodwater stayed in place for more than a few hours, it can work its way behind drywall and other paneling where it can cause inert mold spores to expand and begin to grow. To eliminate the odors released by the mold, technicians dry out the water with air movers that force the warm air into the wall space. Once it dries, they use another anti-bacterial cleaner to kill the mold and eliminate any lingering odors.
For more information about how SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee eliminates flood damage here or in the Florida A&M area, call us at (850) 765-5706 today. We are here for you.
How Can I Minimize the Effects of Kitchen Sink Water Damage in Tallahassee?
Kitchens can lead to leaks and water damage occurring in your home. Call SERVPRO and we will remediate the damages resulting from water leaks.
When Tallahassee kitchen sink water damage requires professional restoration, SERVPRO is ready to assist homeowners 24/7.
SERVPRO Technicians Offer Water Damage Restoration Services to Clean Tallahassee Homes
Tallahassee homeowners who have dealt with kitchen sink leaks know that a small amount of damage can spiral into musty odors, microbial growth, and water-damaged fixtures quickly without fast action. Something as simple as a loose or damaged fitting can allow gallons of water to damage your property over time.
Common Causes for Kitchen Cabinet Leaks
- Corroded drain pipes. This type of leak is especially common in older homes with lead pipes. If you find rusty plumbing under your sink, do the following:
- Turn off the water supply to the sink and place a container for leaking water underneath the affected pipe.
- Remove the damaged pipe segment with channel locks or a monkey wrench
- Take the pipe with you to a home improvement store to find a replacement, such as an ABS plastic pipe of the same dimensions.
- Damaged or corroded garbage disposal. Acids in food and drink, as well as minerals in hard water, can eventually eat through the outer casing of your garbage disposal, creating leaks around your cabinets.
- Dishwasher leaks. If the sink and garbage disposal are fine, but you still find water damage in your cabinets, your dishwasher may be leaking. Consider replacing the door gasket, tightening fittings, and upgrading supply lines to prevent leaks. Periodic leaks are indicative of an overloaded washer, or one with more detergent than it can handle.
SERVPRO Restores Water-Damaged Cabinetry
SERVPRO technicians use the following to treat water-damaged cabinetry:
- Portable extraction systems to remove excess moisture.
- EPA-registered antimicrobials for odor control and inhibiting microbial growth.
- Small holes drilled in the unit to facilitate structural drying.
- Drying with a centrifugal air mover and dehumidifier, possibly in a drying chamber made of polyethylene.
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee serves the community with mitigation and restoration services that are Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (850) 765-5706 to start the cleanup process.
Click here for more information about Tallahassee.
How Does Flooding Affect My Garage?
We are equipped to handle any of your flood damage restoration.
SERVPRO Technicians Mitigate Flood Damage in Tallahassee Residences
Garage flood damage can create a deceptively large amount of repair and cleanup concerns for Tallahassee homeowners. Without professional mitigation, flooding can create a thriving environment for mold, pests, and potential structural damage.
If you flood damage in your Tallahassee property's garage, SERVPRO technicians will remove debris and return your home to a preloss state. SERVPRO's 24/7 emergency response team strives to minimize losses and maximize homeowners' savings affected by a disaster.
What is Most Likely to Become Damaged in a Garage Flood?
- Flooring and sheetrock.Concrete flooring is semi-porous, and while it can withstand water, cracks in your floor can eventually lead to foundation damage. Sheetrock wicks up moisture because of the layers of gypsum and cardboard inside and typically requires removal and replacement after a flood.
- Tools and appliances.Whether your laundry hookups are in the garage or your tools are placed on low shelving, floodwaters can compromise electronic and metal components.
- If you store holiday decorations, cardboard boxes, or paper goods in your garage, flood damage can render these items irreparably damaged by microbes, sewage, chemical runoff, and pests.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Floodwaters from My Property?
SERVPRO uses both portable and truck-mounted extraction tools during the mitigation process to suck up any standing water before performing smaller-scale moisture extraction. Sanitation with EPA-registered antimicrobials and debris removal is a must for ensuring the safety of technicians and occupants. If home flooding has necessitated shutting off your electricity, SERVPRO teams can bring power sources for tools and equipment.
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee offers homeowners commercial-grade cleanup service that keeps their properties looking, "Like it never even happened." Call (850) 765-5706 to have a team at your home any time.
More about Tallahassee.
What Does Skilled Water Restoration In Tallahassee Include?
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee is the team to call when you need help with water removal and restoration.
SERVPRO Features Trained Water Restoration Technicians Ready to Handle Cleanup Inside Your Tallahassee Business
Whenever you have a substantial water loss inside your Tallahassee commercial space, this is never a time to try DIY methods alone. Water incidents of all kinds have better results when you call for skilled technicians who have access to the right equipment and proven techniques. Even if you have your janitorial crew available to work, SERVPRO features a full Green Fleet loaded with specialized equipment for executing the water mitigation and making sure that your business is “Like it never even happened.”
Is the Water Flooding My Business Contaminated?
When you call us for help with water loss in Tallahassee, we start with a detailed assessment of the project. This allows us to determine not only the scope of the project and the source of the water but potential contaminants that may have settled in the standing water. If the water is deemed to be contaminated, several measures get put into place:
• Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn by our technicians, both for safety and to eliminate cross-contamination
• We work to contain any contaminated fluid and follow local protocols for disposing of any hazardous waste
• All surface areas that came into contact with contaminated water is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
• We carefully manage all saturated porous materials within the loss zone
What Makes Your Water Removal Methods Faster than DIY Methods?
Our trucks come fully equipped with a broad range of extraction tools made for pulling up copious amounts of standing water in a short period. Some, or all, of the following tools, might be used during the cleanup at your Tallahassee business:
• Truck-mounted and portable extraction tools allow us to pull up thousands of gallons of standing water
• If any carpeting is located in your business's office areas of your business, we have light wand extractors and rovers to facilitate easier water removal
• Powerful fans and air moving equipment speeds up evaporation and facilitates drying
• Industrial-grade dehumidifiers help remove vapors from the air within your business so that we can restore relative humidity levels
Are Your Dehumidifiers Stronger than Consumer-Grade?
All of our professional-grade dehumidifiers that SERVPRO brings to a water loss project help get the job done in much less time than any non-commercial unit. Our crew also follows a unique formula that details how many fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers are necessary within the space to remain the most efficient. We adjust and move the equipment as needed throughout the project to achieve our goals. The dehumidifiers we often bring to water restoration events include:
• Refrigerant Dehumidifiers – Often get used during the beginning water cleanup phase when the humidity levels are the highest.
• Desiccant Dehumidifiers – Good for using when various structural materials are damp, yet porous materials within the loss zone are relatively dry.
What About My Office Furniture and Inventory?
We take the time to assess the water loss so that we can put a solid plan into place that helps us salvage as much as possible within the loss zone. Our crew may raise shelving, furniture, and office equipment to keep them out of the water while we go through the cleanup phases. We also offer pack-out services, where we bring your interior belongings to a safe location during the restoration steps. If pack-out is called for, we always take a detailed inventory to create a paper trail for your peace of mind. If necessary, we will also generate a report of any unsalvageable items for your insurance claim.
How Can You Be Sure All Moisture Gets Removed?
Our skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) are IICRC-certified and know precisely where to look for hidden moisture. We follow the path of migration and use a range of moisture detection tools, such as:
• Inspection Cameras – Such technology, including borescopes and thermal imaging cameras, help us located hidden moisture in tight spaces and behind walls. These tools help find moisture without having to remove ceiling tiles or wallboards.
• Moisture Detectors – Various devices like moisture sensors and moisture meters allow us to scope out moisture in smaller cracks and crevices that would otherwise be invisible to the naked eye.
What About Foul Odors Lingering Throughout My Business?
We know that the last thing you want to have is foul odors that continuously remind you of the water incident. Not only do we make sure that no moisture is left behind to cause secondary damage or turn into mold and mildew growth, but we also take it to the next level with cleaning and disinfection. Our crew uses highly-effective broad-spectrum, EPA-registered cleaning agents, and disinfectants so that we can clean all surfaces. Potential foul odors get eliminated, and every surface area is thoroughly sanitized and safe for your employees and customers.
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee is the team to call when you need help with water removal and restoration. Call us whenever you need us at (850) 765-5706, and we will send out a crew as soon as possible. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
A Fire Has Ruined My Home. Who Do I Turn to for Help in Restoring it?
Homeowners have to deal with many things which may include fire damage. Contact SERVPRO right away.
Call SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to Handle the Fire Damage in Your Tallahassee Home
A fire can inflict severe damage to your house and its remnants like smoke residues, chemical retardants, and ash may cause further destruction. It is, therefore, vital to call licensed professionals to mitigate the fire damage. Experienced professionals from SERVPRO can restore your Tallahassee home to its original condition.
Can I go back to my house after fire damage?
In the aftermath of fire damage in your Tallahassee residence, it may seem safe for you to go back to your house to assess the damage. After all, the worst part is over, right? Wrong. You must let an expert determine the safety of the structure before you go back in. The effects of the fire may last long after the fire itself has died away, posing a risk to your health and safety.
Why is smoke dangerous?
Smoke can be dry or wet based on how hot the flames of a fire are and the type of particles it releases. Whether it is wet or dry smoke, the particles may contain various chemicals. Wet smoke creates an oily residue that can penetrate and get into varnishes and surfaces. It can be challenging to clean wet smoke, and once it makes its way into a building’s pockets. Dry smoke forms a powdery residue that may coat surfaces. When smoke interacts with surfaces, they can continue discoloring or weakening. Eliminating and cleaning smoke residues from a home quickly helps prevent costly secondary damage.
Can I stay in the house during the restoration process?
It is a common practice to find accommodation at another place while the restoration process is taking place. However, this mainly depends on the extent of fire damage. If the fire only affected a small area of your home, you can stay there while we restore the house.
What takes place during fire damage restoration?
Our technicians carry out a comprehensive assessment of the damage. We identify the affected areas, create a detailed restoration plan, and explain what needs to be done to restore the property to its former condition. Some of the things we can do to restore your home include:
Removing smoke residues
Cleaning smoke-affected areas
Performing water damage restoration procedures
Cleaning smoke-affected furnishings
Removing smoke odor to make the home more habitable
Proper waste disposal
Our SERVPRO team can ensure that the restoration process does not take any longer than it needs to be. The extent of the destruction is what determines the timeframe required to clean and restore a house.
After a fire loss incident, you need help from experienced restorers. SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee can help you to manage the fire damage. You can reach us at (850) 765-5706.
See more about Tallahassee
Do I Need to Replace My Wet Carpet After a Water Emergency in Tallahassee?
When carpets are affected during a water damage emergency, any delays can create a mold infestation. Contact SERVPRO right away.
Fitted Carpets Can, and Should, Be Restored After a Water Emergency. SERVPRO Operates with a Restore Over Replace Mentality that can Save your Carpets From Water Exposure.
How long can carpets in Tallahassee be wet before causing permanent damage?
Fitted-carpeting cannot stay wet for more than seventy-hours without mold growth occurring. Once mold spores grow into colonies, they can spread rapidly across textiles, causing irreversible harm. If a carpet shows signs of mold infestation, it must be removed and replaced. In some situations, not taking adequate action against potential mold growth can complicate your insurance claim, and your policy may not cover the cost of the new carpet. If your carpets are exposed to water damage in your Tallahassee home, you must quickly bring in restorers to mitigate permanent harm.
Can a wet carpet dry by itself?
With surface-level exposure to small amounts of water, a carpet can dry by itself. However, larger quantities of water can soak through the carpet, causing delamination in Tallahassee and absorbing into the carpet fibers. If water reaches the underside of a carpet or the pad beneath only the surface level of the carpet dries while the lower regions suffer from continued exposure to moisture. If pressure on the carpet pushes out moisture, you may need to procure professional equipment or temporarily remove the carpet to dry it thoroughly.
Can you save a soaking wet carpet?
There are several methods you can use to save a wet carpet from permanent damage.
Detach and float the carpet
Carpets are fitted to the floor using carpet grippers- thin strips of wood with short spikes that hold the carpet in place. Using a pry bar, you can lever the wet carpet away from grippers. Carpets are up to 50% weaker when wet, so make sure that all edges of the carpet are detached before attempting to lift it. With the carpet removed, you can place an air-mover beneath and 'float' the carpet to circulate warm air drying the underside, pads, and subfloor.
Hot water extraction
Hot water extraction uses a professional tool that is powerful enough to remove water from a carpet when applied to the surface. Water extractors combine heating elements with vacuums and are capable of passing fluids. Usually, extractors transport the excess moisture to a truck-mounted storage tank or a portable water tank. In some situations, extraction is possible without removing furniture or detaching the carpet referred to as in-place drying.
Dehumidification can help to speed up the drying process, although it is less effective than using extraction or carpet floating methods. Desiccant dehumidifiers use a silica gel to remove moisture from the surrounding air and can lower humidity to below 40 grains per pound. When humidity levels drop, water is drawn out of wet materials and evaporates faster than in normal conditions.
How do I limit damages to wet carpet?
- Reduce foot traffic over the carpet, prevent damage to fibers, and keep the carpet free of soiling
- Dry the carpet quickly using extraction equipment and dehumidification
- Spray antimicrobial chemicals directly onto the carpet surface to reduce mold buildup
- Take extra care when acting on a carpet to avoid tears or fiber compression
How can I remove footprints from my carpet?
Areas of a room with high foot traffic begin to show signs of wear and age. Fiber reduction over carpets is irreversible, however removing prints and fluffing the carpet give it a new lease of life. SERVPRO technicians can apply the emulsifying powder directly onto a soiled or wet carpet using a truck-mounted extraction wand. The emulsifying powder absorbs moisture as well as soiling that may be deeply embedded in the carpet fibers. Technicians can then vacuum the powder using roto machines. These light machines vacuum and buffer the surface fibers of a carpet, which can help remove heavy footmarks and provide a uniform finish of the carpet fibers.
If the carpet pad is wet, do I need to replace the carpet?
It is common for large amounts of water to migrate through the fibers of a carpet affecting the pads underneath. However, carpet pads are much less expensive to replace than the carpet. Our technicians can detach the carpet and remove the sodden carpet pad below, cutting it up into small pieces. The small pieces of wet carpet pad should be double sealed in waterproof bags to prevent dripping through the home when taken out for disposal. SERVPRO takes non-salvageable items like carpet pad away with us when the restoration is finished.
If you are not sure whether to restore or replace wet carpets, contact SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee at (850) 765-5706 for expert advice.
Looking For a Compliant Preventative Cleaning Service for Your Tallahassee Business?
When you feel like germs are everywhere and you can't keep up, SERVPRO is here to help.
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee Technicians Have earned IICRC Certifications.
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the world’s leading authority on the standards for the restoration, mitigation, and remediation industry. SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee is an IICRC Certified Firm, and that makes us uniquely qualified to serve any business in need of quality specialty cleaning services. That includes the standards required at retirement communities, assisted living centers, and many other such facilities. Our team performs specialized cleaning in buildings of every type after a property damage event such as sewage spills, water or fire damage, and anti-microbial remediation for mold, bacteria, or viruses on a daily basis. So this kind of cleaning for Tallahassee is in our wheelhouse.
What can professional preventative cleaning do that goes beyond day-to-day cleaning?
- The right cleaners for the job. SERVPRO technicians are trained and licensed to use a broad array of EPA-registered antimicrobials for use in safeguarding the places you work, play, and live.
- Protecting the public, especially seniors. The CDC has announced that proactive deep cleaning provides a measure of protection from the potential spread of infection. Of course, social distancing and washing our hands frequently also play a huge role in “flattening the curve”.
- SERVPRO technicians use commercial grade equipment. They have access to a variety of EPA registered cleaning agents and are experienced at using them in indoor environments. In some cases they will construct a containment chamber to cordon-off a portion of the indoor environment. They can work safely within the contained area and reduce the risk of spreading pathogens from contaminated areas to non-contaminated areas.
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee is a phone call away from implementing effective commercial sanitation measures at (850) 765-5706.
To learn more about Tallahassee, click here.
Disclaimer: Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Tallahassee, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee today at (850) 765-5706 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
How Do I Remove Flood Damage from My Tallahassee Condo?
Take a peek inside our storage facility. This is just some of the equipment at our disposal to restore your home.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Quickly Get to Work Eliminating Flood Damage from Your Tallahassee Property
Floridians are no strangers to flooding, but this type of disaster means high premiums and millions in damages each year. The average flood claim year-to-year can vary. In 2017, it was over $91,735, while in 2018, it was $42,580.
If you need pros who can quickly mitigate flood damage in your Tallahassee condo, SERVPRO professionals are ready to restore your living space to a preloss condition. Certified technicians use EPA-registered cleaners while adhering to Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for residential structural and contents restoration.
What Can I Do to Minimize Flood Damage to My Condo?
- Shut off the power. If floodwaters have come into your condo, they have also made contact with your electrical system. Use your breakers, if it is safe to do so, or contact maintenance to assist you in turning off the power.
- Document damage. Use your phone or camera to take clear pictures of the damage to have on hand. While SERVPRO technicians can also document damages, having multiple sources of photographic or video evidence is beneficial for your proof of loss claim.
- File a claim as soon as possible. The more quickly you contact your insurer, the more quickly you can remove damage from your condo.
How Can SERVPRO Dry Condo Flood Damage?
After extracting water and sanitizing a flooded property, SERVPRO techs use centrifugal air movers and industrial-grade dehumidification equipment to pull moisture out of surfaces and isolate it.
A low-grain refrigerant dehumidifier, for example, passes moist air over refrigerated coils to trap condensation for removal. After removing the moisture, it emits warm, dry air to gradually dry structures and reduces the relative humidity in your condo.
SERVPRO of Central Tallahassee can keep your home looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (850) 765-5706 for service that can start any time of the day or night.
More about Tallahassee.